[TR] Mt Seymour Ice - 1/13/2007

jordop

Trip: Mt Seymour Ice -

Date: 1/13/2007

Trip Report:

Stemalot and I climbed a nice bit on the east face of the First Peak on Seymour on Sat. About 10 mins from top of lift. All this stuff was done back in the 70s, but I haven't heard of anyone doing this one lately. I think this is right above the ice climbed by Ian Bennet et al a few weeks ago: http://www.westcoastice.com/Page90.aspx

So I guess you could get 2 pitches of ice in right now pretty damn close to home. Should stay good to go this week. No anchors at top - belay off tied-off facets and surface hoar. Seymour011307.jpg:tup:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gorgeous! and not to get into oneupmanship, but please tell me you guys pulled the column above the leader rather than ambling up the ramp to the left...

cheers,

Steve tried hard to get the pillar section to go, but couldn't get committed: ice is pretty white and airy there. Still, the "rambly" thing on the left was actually pretty awkward - steeper than it looked!

Went up to the duffey yesturday. 12 cars at the rambles, wow how fun was that. Drove up to the TUBE. It was in alright shape, hole at the top but it went.

On the way home we could see that entropy was in and fig plucker was down but looked thin.

Today had the day off and took a couple of friends to Murrin to play on Nintendo ?. Climb was in way different shape then back in November, big wild spray mushroom coming off the top.

TR lines to the right were fun as well.

Lets hope the cold hangs on

Anybody been in the Smoke Bluffs, Fluffy Kitten, or Scotish tale?