[TR] Vantage - Sunshine Wall 2/18/2007

olyclimber

Trip: Vantage - Sunshine Wall

Date: 2/18/2007

Trip Report:

me and alpinfox and jeff hansel went to vantage this weekend to climb on rocks. we talked about how to make love to porcupine, tubgirl, and how britney spears shaved her head. it was fun. there was sun. it was warm. i forgot how to climb and had to remember how. on sunday there was wind. we saw Gary Yvnge.

where is the best place to eat in ellensburg? there slush falling at the pass. there were snow plows pushing the slush around making sparks.

i am not clark kent

IMG_0314.jpg

presenting alpinfox

IMG_0319.jpg

and air geetar

IMG_0321.jpg

windmills and stars

IMG_0375.jpg

biggus dippus

IMG_0379.jpg

light show

IMG_0381.jpg

gimmee a V

IMG_0396.jpg

i am not responsible for this

fire2.gif

george and martha are such a cute couple

IMG_0494.jpg

really

IMG_0515.jpg

jeff is just above where it gets hard.

IMG_0551.jpg

this climb is where i remembered how. here is jeff climbing it.

IMG_0615.jpg

ummmm....i don't think its in.

IMG_0628.jpg

jeff rode home with a box over his head. we talked alot about our mutual friend Mark. there was only one occasion of rock fall, it was a party next to us. i think that place is nice...sunshine when it is wet everywhere else in WA, some great climbing. just wear a helmet and pay attention like you usually do.

Gear Notes:

Rock climbing gear.

Approach Notes:

The 1/2 hour walk took 20 minutes.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was really warm saturday afternoon. sunday was only chilly when the sun went behind a cloud and the wind was blowing. it was great weather for climbing.

blake, that picture was made by setting a very long exposure, and then "painting" the letters in reverse with an LED headlamp facing the camera (on a tripod). it took a couple of tries, but with the sun going down early we were just passing the time.

I'm no rocket scientist (no argument there) or photographer, but how come the guy holding the LED light doesn't show up? I know you had to have a long exposure time, and you'd be working somewhat quickly moving the light and stepping across the field of view, but how come he doesn't even show up as a dark smudge across the background? You can see the sagebrush clearly in the background across the whole range of the frame. What am I missing here? :confused:

Nice TR and pics, BTW.