3/26/02: A Night Of Stars!!!

Dwayner

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to know where the REAL stars were last night? Huh?? HUH??

Well, I and the other superfriends were out fighting crime, that's where, and consequently we couldn't attend your little party.

You people don't know how much you owe your ability to have social parties and such to the crime fighting efforts of the superheros! We weren't even fucking invited, fer chrissakes, but even so, we tried to stop by late in the evening, after a little altercation we got into with that fucking Riddler guy. Instead, though, in the residential block behind the Park Pub we found some goddamn pervert peeping through the bedroom window of an eight year old girl. He said his name was "RURP", or something like that. We kicked his ass, and I slapped him silly with a salmon I remembered I had stuffed in my superhero suit. It was a gift Aquaman had gotten from his little mermaid senorita down in the Sea of Cortez last year...but I'm off topic.

I hope you all sleep well, and remember to thank Aquaman next time you go through the day without being mugged. Ingrates... mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

I gotta go take a swim. [Moon]

I knew RURP was there! I just knew it!

Pub Club ruled last night. I actually got to talk to some of these people when I was just as drunk as I am when I post! [big Drink]

Let me tell you kids out there, get in on the action before this thing gets too big. Pretty soon it's gonna be in some big rented hall, gear company vendors handing out stickers, $5 plastic cups of Miller, frisk you at the door, and no in-and-out privileges. Make the scene soon so someday you'll be able to tell the younguns how you were there "back in the day" when Ray Borbon was still a young aspiring alpinist, when Erik Snyder still had to work a day job, when pints only cost $2.50. The time is now. Check it out. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't see what it's like before the big corps turn it into XTREEM CascadeClimbers Rave patrol day on the green.

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by moonchild:
PS. You mean there are actually other climbers down south here!?!?!?

Yes, when they're not in jail or getting busted on COPS.

Dwayner, is it true you're booking Britney Spears for a celebrity cameo appearance at Pub CLub next week, ala Fred Beckey?

I had to promise that barmaid that I would call ahead of time next time (4 maybe 5 weeks from now) so she could call in reinforcements... (not kidding, and yes, I will take care of it... ) You know CC.com is getting big when the bar staff ask to be notified in advance...

I got home late last night and had to pinch myself to see if I had been dreaming. This morning, I got up and checked my pockets for evidence and found a few bits of debris related to a certain Park Pub in Seattle. I glanced at the calendar to see if last night was Sunday night, because I’M SURE I WAS AT THE DOGGONE ALPINE OSCARS!!! Having assessed the evidence, I’ve concluded that it wasn’t a dream at all, but the HARD-CORE REALITY of yet another stellar cc.com Pub Club night! Who needs a bunch of pseudo-celebrities like Mr. Thomas Cruise and Mr. Bradley Pitt when you have the likes of:Alpine K...itchin’ for yet another ski traverse;Erik – finding love and adventure at every turn;Lizard Brain – don’t let the name fool you! This guy is sharp!To The Top – which is where he’s headin’!Dr. Jay – ready to help you dislodge that chicken bone from them Hot Wings!Mr. Raymond Bourbon – the climber formerly known as “Capt. Caveman”, in fine form indeed!Wallstein – wall-ready and on his way to the big stone.Jeff the Lurker – a quiet fellow with a powerful alpine reputation.Specialed – one terrific climber!W – a pleasure to meet this fine gentleman!David Schuldt – having a good time as usual.ChuckK – with fans in Scandinavia!Jon – our beloved web-master.Eddie E – who emerged from the men’s bathroom with visible signs of having PEE’D HIS PANTS!And did I mention another alpine All-Star: Treadtramp? He was there too!

By the list above, you might be getting the impression that Tuesday night’s festivities were, as predicted, another sausage-swingin’ Dude Ranch. Au contraire! Check out this list of MOUNTAINEERING STARLETS:Ehmmic – a genuine world-traveler fresh from trips to S. America and Thailand.Say Jay – I say hey! A real source of positive energy!Icegirl – a.k.a. Snow Lovely....sigh!Allison – sassy, scrappy and ready for fun!Ingrid – fighting for freedom and justice!Lindsey – brains, talent and beauty.

AND WE’RE NOT DONE YET....OH NO, NOT EVEN! I was certainly dazzled by the celebrities above, and my autograph book is bulging...but you’re not going to believe who else was there:Matt P. – effortlessly cool in a way we can only hope to imitate.Bill Pilling – a genuine unsung hero of Northwest and Alaskan mountaineering.David Whitelaw – a great man and guidebook author.AND LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, the amazing FRED BECKEY was kind enough to join us for a good while. Always a pleasure to spend some time around this genuine historical figure and alpine legend. And there were probably a couple of other folks there that I missed:, sorry about that, but I know your very presence added much to the spectacular evening.

By now, you understand why I had a hard time dealing with reality this morning, but the question remains....WHERE WERE YOU? Uncle Tricky? Vegetable Belay? Matt? You guys out stalking a Himalayan giant? Holly Climber, Jules, Dynamite? Camped up on a Grade 7 big wall somewhere? And how about YOU and that guy over there? We missed you and you missed out on some BIG FUN! From what I hear, though, next week in Tacoma is going to be even BIGGER!!! (Both Don Whillians and Dougal Haston have been invited.)

This report submitted by Dwayner, who was there, and isn't just making this all up.

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like a blast. If next week is in Tacoma, that'll be right around the corner for me. I'm not familiar with any of you here, as I've hardly visited this site until now, but hopefully I'll get to meet some of you. Always looking for new climbing partners and fun!

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:
From what I hear, though, next week in Tacoma is going to be even BIGGER!!! (Both Don Whillians and Dougal Haston have been invited.)

(sigh) not going to make it over the pond to your pub, mate; but I heard the elusive Helmy Beckey might be there.

I think Haston is in France at the moment, along with his French wife wink.gif" border="0