Shout out to all y'alls

TeleRoss

Greetings from sunny Yosemite Valley. Well I'm half way through my month long climbing binge so I thought I'd send some stoke on up your way. Hows the weather up there? It's hot as fuck here, but the climbing has been spectacular.

so far we've climbed

Dogma (p1-10 11c)

Epinephrine (IV 5.9)

Serenity Crack (3p 10d)

Gripper (2p 10b)

New Dimensions (4p 11a)

Central Pillar of Frenzy (5p 5.9)

Higher Cathedral Spire (5p 5.9)

Reid's Direct (3p 10a)

Steck-Salathe (V 10a)

Ho Chi Minh Trail (V 5.11)

Gold Wall (p1-5 5.10c A0)

Half Dome Regular NW Face (VI 5.10d C1)

Fairview Dome, Lucky Streaks (6p 5.10d)

Drug Dome, Oz, (5p 5.10d)

Incredible Hulk, Positive Vibrations (V 5.11)

Longs Peak, The Diamond, Black Dagger (IV 5.11)

Steph and I stopped first at Red Rocks and hopped on Dogma...it was a rad climb, but waaayyyy to hot, so we rapped down after 10 pitches.

MtWilson.jpg

Dogma11aPitch.jpg

UpperHeadwall.jpg

Have to go back and finish that one somtime.

Next day we chose shade and did Epinephrine. 15 pitches of awesome chimney, crack and face climbing.

CactusFlowers.jpg

Epinephrine.jpg

EpinephrineChimney.jpg

After Epinephrine we drove towards the Valley, spent the night along the road and arrived in Yosemite the next day.

TheValley.jpg

We got settled in Camp 4 then went over and did Serenity Crack.

Camp4.jpg

Next day was Gripper and New Dimensions at Arch Rock.

NewDp1.jpg

p3NewD.jpg

Next day we did Central Pillar of Frenzy, Higher Cathedral Spire and Reid's Direct.

CentralPillarFrenzy.jpg

Took a day off for some :brew: before doing the Steck-Salathe on Sentinel.

Spectacular climbing...don't fear the offwidths! "The Narrows" may be one of the coolest pitches anywere.

stephstecksalathe.jpg

stecksalathe.jpg

intothenarrows.jpg

startwormin.jpg

Another day off, more :brew: :brew: by the river

Ho Chi Minh Trail on Middle Cathedral, awesome route! 20pitches of varied 5.7-5.11, mostly cracks, but plenty of face climbing, even a couple of roofs thrown in. Lots of 5.10. Follows first 6 pitches of the DNB, where DNB goes left HoChiMinh goes straight up the crest of the buttress...RAD!

Cathedrals.jpg

HoChiMinh.jpg

HoChiMinh2.jpg

HoChiMinhTop.jpg

Took a day off for yet more :brew: :brew:, then it was time for the NW Face of Half Dome

HalfDome.jpg

Wow! What a route! Hiked the long way in and spent the night below the face with a few other parties. A couple had fixed lines to p3. We worked out a starting order based on peoples expectations. A Japanese party of 2 left super early, around 4ish jugging their lines. We started climbing around 5, and behind us were a couple of Brits trying for one day, and then a couple of guys aiding. We passed the Japanese party at pitch 7, and made the top at 7pm. Long day 14 hours of climbing...but for my first real aiding, and Stephs first time jugging I think we did ok.

NWFace.jpg

StephonNWFace.jpg

ValleyFromNWFace.jpg

NWFaceChimney.jpg

TwinCracks.jpg

ZigZags.jpg

zigzag2.jpg

ThankGodLedge.jpg

ThankGodChminey.jpg

StephJugging.jpg

NearTheTop.jpg

OnTopAfterALongDay.jpg

Well, we're heading up to Toulomne for a day up on Fairview Dome tomorrow. Then Monday my man Eric Wehrly is coming on down, and were going to hit up Positive Vibrations on the Incredible Hulk

Stoke!

:rawk: :rawk:

then about another week and a half on the road!

Hopefully by July it'll all be dried out up there in the PNW!

Cheers

Ross

:brew:

ps

I totally wussed out and crawled a short section across Thank God Ledge, just after Steph took the photo :o

here's the link to the Positive Vibrations pics:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/696926/page/1#Post696926

Edited by TeleRoss

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally wussed out and crawled a short section across Thank God Ledge, just after Steph took the photo :o

:lmao: I was wondering about that, you looked so tall and proud out there. Almost everyone winds up doing some level of grovel on that pitch. You do know that people used to spend two nights on that route? Splendid job.

In fact, stellar trip all around, thanks for sharing pics and stories, they're very welcome on an intermittently soggy Saturday. :tup:

:lmao: I was wondering about that, you looked so tall and proud out there. Almost everyone winds up doing some level of grovel on that pitch. You do know that people used to spend two nights on that route? Splendid job.

Way to go :tup:

I too crawled across that ledge. I'm glad to hear that even now I'm not the only person who had problems with that traverse.

I've done a number of those climbs you guys just did, but I sure as hell didn't do it in one trip. :laf:

:tup: :tup:

Well, the last few days of our time on the road are winding down. We've been lounging in Lyons Colorado for about a week.

Been doing a lot of tubing on the river, went for a long hike, cragged a bit up at Lumpy, and partied in Boulder.

Yesterday, Lizzy and I were finally motivated to climb, so we got up early and headed up to the Diamond.

We climbed Black Dagger, an awesome line following splitter granite cracks into an easy chimney capped by a wild roof...great stuff.

The Diamond is indeed pretty darn rad!