What did you do this Weekend?

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on my wildlife understanding skills. @ 2000 hornets and I had a 15 second conversation. Basically we agreed that our communication skills are poor to non-existent.

I don't understand their buzzing noise and need for space very well, and they seem to think that loud little girl screams and arm waving means sting some more I think.

yellowjacket_hero.jpg

I can't count the stings, but it looks to be over 200 for sure. I suppose it would have been a 2 day weekend, but it just seemed like taking Sunday off and watch the swelling would be easier. Went for a bike ride with family and stayed on pavement.

Working on my wildlife understanding skills. @ 2000 hornets and I had a 15 second conversation. Basically we agreed that our communication skills are poor to non-existent.

I don't understand their buzzing noise and need for space very well, and they seem to think that loud little girl screams and arm waving means sting some more I think.

yellowjacket_hero.jpg

I can't count the stings, but it looks to be over 200 for sure. I suppose it would have been a 2 day weekend, but it just seemed like taking Sunday off and watch the swelling would be easier. Went for a bike ride with family and stayed on pavement.

Where at? I got nailed by those bastards on the approach to Snow King a few years ago.

I hiked up the steep trail to Labyrinth Mountain then scrambled the ridge back down to the lake. Pretty area and not a soul around till near the trailhead. Got a little puckered above the cliffbands coming down. Steep heather is suck. Neat boulders and lots of larch up there.

Sunday I hoofed it up Beacon Hill in Spokane just to get in some huffing and puffing before bed. That place sucks and is nice all at the same time :)

I played two gigs in Olympia, one at a catered dinner with 120 people and the other at an art gallery opening with about 400 people at. I played solo acoustic guitar. Super fun.

Then went to the Alice in Chains/Velvet Revolver concert on Sunday night…….

That concert was frickin great.

I went to Safeco Field! Just had to check it out - I'd been away too long. I'll post some pics later this evening. Standing in the field is always wonderful; however, walking around the seats is bittersweet w/o the fans.

I left about the time the Seahawks game ended and was reminded once again just how groovy M's fans truly are.

I went climbing with some Frenchies on Saturday and then did some alpinscrambling on Sunday. It was my first time climbing and first time to Squamish for 2 months :rawk:

I spend too much time working with the French at the moment :anger:

Lets say for the most part it is not an amicable relationship. Though my direct counterpart has been great to work with :tup:

Saturday, put in a bit patio/paving stones to frame the new deck and avoid the inevitable mudpit in front of the door from dog traffic :tup: Followed by the illegal/unofficial neirborhood dog park :tup: and the resulting sleepy/mellow puppy :tup: :tup:

Sunday, went to Index, decided not to climb the buttlips onsight first thing in the morning :) ran into some other mounties avoiding said buttlips :wave: Then made a go at Princely Ambitions. Made the idiot mistake of trying to drag 2 ropes (party of 3) and got caught by heat/ropedrag resulting in my running out of gas trying to clip a second piece on the traverse (I figured if I didn't protect the traverse my seconds might make me walk home :P ). Ended up having to take and blew the onsight :( :( Rested a bit, dropped the second rope (note to self: dragging a second rope and clipping through critical pieces, even if you aren't belayed on it, creates a shitload of extra rope drag :anger: . Then finished the pitch and did the 2nd pitch as well :tup: :tup: All in all a good day. Though I hate climbing in the sun, and am desperately out of shape :)

Granted that 3 is an odd number but for some reason I almost never get more than about 5 pitches in any given day of cragging :crazy: Not sure what that's all about :P

I got 1 pitch in. ONE. And a damn short one too, but it was reallllllll fun! Probably still have the remnants of stingers in my blue shirt up there, except this was taken the week previous me leading the FA of this one. Put a bolt in right above where I am there. It's steeper than it appears in the pic, all arms above on the crux. Still, consensus 5.8 is all. For Saturdays expedition I only followed this line, so it was even more casual. Still have the stinger marks and swelling (a bit still) 2 days later as I sit here and type.

Bastards. They paid. Ohhh baby did they.

"The Move"

The_move_small.jpg

Course the hornet stings helped me make up my mind about not climbing Sunday. The fine gentlemen I was out with were totally trashed and beat, and they canceled Sun as well, so it wasn't all hornets.

I got 1 pitch in. ONE. And a damn short one too, but it was reallllllll fun! Probably still have the remnants of stingers in my blue shirt up there, except this was taken the week previous. For Sat. expedition I followed this line. Still have the marks 2 days later as I sit here and type.

Bastards. They paid. Ohhh baby did they.

"The Move"

The_move_small.jpg

Course the hornet stings helped me make up my mind.

Wait until they start to itch. :mistat:

I went out to E38 this Saturday and decided to give leading a shot again. It's been 14 months since I last lead anything, but I figured I should try something easy.

I ended up leading 3 pitches of 5.6. It's not a huge deal in the big picture of climbing, but considering where I was 14 months ago it's a huge deal for me.

:moondance::moondance: